Canine Delivery Specialist
Each morning, right at sunrise, a pack of young and rambunctious puppies can’t wait to get to daycare so they can play with their fellow pup-mates. But some parents can’t bring their dogs into daycare themselves. That’s where you come in.
As a Canine Delivery Specialist, you will be in charge of ensuring the dogs make it safely to PlayBow for daycare, and return home just as safe. The dogs' safety is in your hands. You will be driving around approximately 10 dogs at a time, so you will need to learn how to safely and humanely handle multiple dogs while walking them on-leash. In the beginning, you will be learning with just 2-3 dogs at a time.
A company vehicle will be provided. However, your driving skills must be gentle, so you can provide the dogs with a smooth and comfortable ride. When you arrive at people’s homes, the people may be home, so you must be courteous and professional about entering personal space and homes.
The hours for the Canine Delivery Specialist can be either full-time or part-time. However, you must be available to work a split shift of 2-4 hours in the morning, and another 2-4 hours in the evening. Thus, the minimum availability must be:
- Morning pick-ups from 8am–10am
- Evening drop-offs from 4pm–6pm
If you would like to work full time, we can provide additional hours to total 8 hours per day, by having you help us with taking care of the dogs at the daycare.
All our team members are passionate about caring for pets. We work together as a team, and are committed to being the best in the industry. The work is hard, but we always carry a positive attitude, and recognize that our hard work is helping dogs live a happier and healthier lifestyle. When we do a great job, we give credit to the team members that made it possible.
Key Performance Criteria:
- Safe animal care — handling dogs ethically, keeping them safe and secure on-leash and in a car
- Integrity — always honest, mindful of others and your environment, and respectful of our customer’s personal space and homes
- Client interactions — always cheerful and eager to talk to our pet parents, listen to their needs and concerns, and provide them with frequent stories about their pup in daycare
- Attendance — punctuality and prompt communication about running late and scheduling conflicts
- Communication — frequent and clear communication about the dogs, customers, vehicle maintenance, and how to improve our daycare
- Passion and love for all canines
- Great at talking to people
- Always clean and organized
- Comfortable with all dogs, including large dogs
- Able to lift at least 70 lbs
- Perform physically strenuous work
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Valid California state driver’s license
- Clean driving record
- We will need a copy of your DMV driving record after the interviews
- Able to pass a criminal background and drug test
- Available Mon–Fri for split shifts in morning and evening
- Takes initiative and is innovative in a start-up type of environment
Previous experience in dog care helpful, but not required. We will provide training in dog handling techniques, using different harnesses and leashes, and sanitation.
Compensation range is $15-20 per hour. In most cases, it will start at $15 per hour, and increases to $20 as you are able to handle more dogs in a safe and efficient manner.
Health care benefits are also available.
More information about our daycare is available at: www.playbowdogs.com
To apply to this position, please send a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include the following information in your cover letter and application:
- Availability weekday mornings and evenings
- Your experience-level with driving and deliveries
- Your experience-level with animals
- Your favorite breed of dog
- Why you would like to join our team
- Why you would be an excellent addition to our new team
- Any other information showing your enthusiasm for joining us