Each morning, right at sunrise, a pack of young and rambunctious puppies drag their parents into our daycare, and can't wait to greet their fellow pup-mates. The pups are full of energy and literally bouncing off the walls. Sometimes they play with each other nicely, but other times, they play too rough. Or they may have gotten up on the wrong side of the bed that morning, and would prefer to stay away from the other dogs that day. On top of that, the pups are prone to having accidents, usually of the pottying variety.
This is where you come in. As a Canine Specialist, you will be in charge of the dogs when they want to play with each other, and when they don't. You'll encourage them to play nicely with each other, but must be ready to step in and interrupt them when they start to play too rough. You'll also need to recognize when a dog is having a bad hair day, and needs your help to keep the other dogs away. Your day will also be filled with constant cleaning, as potty accidents are frequent, and must be cleaned immediately.
All our team members are passionate about caring for pets. We work together as a team, and are committed to being the best in the industry. The work is hard, but we always carry a positive attitude, and recognize that our hard work is helping dogs live a happier and healthier lifestyle. When we do a great job, we give credit to the team members that made it possible.
• Passion and love for all canines
• Provide consistent and excellent customer service
• Always clean and organized
• Ethical approach to handling animals
• Comfortable with all dogs, including large dogs
• Able to lift at least 40 lbs.
• Perform physically strenuous work all-day
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Able to start shifts as early as 6:30 AM
• Able to work shifts ending as late as 9:00 PM
• Must be available Tuesday and Thursday mornings
• Adaptable and innovative in a start-up type of environment
• Ensuring the safety and well-being of all dogs in our care
• Leading dogs in a play group environment with authority
• Taking multiple dogs out for walks
• Keeping dogs clean
• Keeping the facility clean and organized
• Answering customer inquiries in person, over phone, and/or via email
Previous experience in dog care helpful, but not required. We will provide training in play group management, dog handling techniques, and sanitation.
Compensation is entry-level at first, followed by the opportunity to earn performance-based bonuses.
We are looking for individuals who find immense joy in interacting with animals, and occasionally with their pet parents. We are also looking for individuals who have an appreciation for new businesses, new ideas, and a strong desire to achieve great results in a supportive team environment.
Please send a resume and cover letter to:
Please include the following information in your cover letter:
• Availability weekdays and weekends
• Whether you are seeking a part-time or full-time position
• Your experience-level with pets
• Your favorite breed of dog
• Why you feel drawn to this position
• Why you would be an excellent addition to our new team
• Best number to reach you for a phone interview